Kenny Chesney - Sun Goes Down Tour
- Saturday, Aug 10, 2024 5:00 PM
About the Event
KENNY CHESNEY SUN GOES DOWN 2024 TOUR
18 Stadiums, Old Friends, New Friends, No Shoes Nation
After His Intimate I Go Back 2023 Tour, the Eight-Time Entertainer of the Year
Brings Zac Brown Band, Megan Moroney & Uncle Kracker
Heads to Detroit’s Ford Field on August 10, 2024
DETROIT – Kenny Chesney knows how to throw the summer into high gear. Having spent last spring and early summer with his taking-it-to-the-roots I Go Back 2023 Tour of those arenas and markets where he rose to major headlining status, the only country artist to be on Billboard’s Top 10 Touring Artists of the Last 25 Years for the past 14 years is bringing old friends and new to 18 full-scale stadiums with a few more major surprises to come.
Joining Chesney is the multiple GRAMMY-winning Zac Brown Band, enjoying their 12th CMA Group of the Year nomination; 2023 CMA Song of the Year and New Artist nominee Megan Moroney; and multiple-week No. 1 “When The Sun Goes Down” duet partner Uncle Kracker, known for his own hits “Follow Me” and “Drift Away.”
“I wanted a name that suggested – obviously – when all the good stuff starts to happen. The one thing I’ve learned about No Shoes Nation and these stadium shows is they start the good times
early and they just keep it going,” Chesney says of his 2024 tour name. “But we all know, when the sun goes down, that’s when people really get loose and enjoy themselves.
“That was the thing about Kracker and my song. It captured a vibe and a moment so perfectly. No matter how much fun you’re having all day long, ‘everything gets hotter when the sun goes down...’ I know from years of experience that’s true.
“So, I can’t wait to get back out there, stadium-sized ’cause there’s nothing like 60,000 members of No Shoes Nation singing these songs. It’s gonna be awesome.”
Kicking off April 20, 2024 at Tampa’s Raymond James Stadium, the tour will run through August 23 at Foxborough, Mass.’s Gillette Stadium for what has become a tradition: closing out the tour in a venue Chesney has played to well over a million people. Tickets for these major stadium shows will go on-sale next Friday, Nov. 17.
“Zac Brown Band understands high-energy country, the same way Alabama did, and they’ve got our friend Caroline Jones in their line-up now, too,” Chesney says of the group joining as direct support. “Megan Moroney isn’t just one of the smart new voices in country, she’s really bringing a sense of heart and joy to the music – and I’m fired up to be bringing her out to No Shoes Nation.
“And Uncle Kracker has been part of so many fun times, crazy moments and memories made, it always kicks things up a notch when he’s out there with us. So, it really is old friends, new friends and a whole lotta love.”
Parking is $50 in Ford Field lots. Click here for more parking information.
Ford Field is located at 2000 Brush St, just south of I-75 (Fisher Freeway) and directly across Brush St from Comerica Park. Please be sure to check out some alternative routes to get to Ford Field, along with the traffic updates.
Pre-purchase parking here.
Disabled / ADA InformationOpenOpen
ADA parking is available in the Ford Field Parking Deck. All parking is available on a first come, first serve basis. Wheelchairs are available from the Guest Services locations inside of each entrance if guests need assistance.
- Small personal cameras are allowed
- GoPro/video cameras of any type are not allowed
- No selfie sticks, tripods or monopods
- Camera bags and cases are not allowed
- Any camera with a detachable lens longer than 5” is not allowed
If you do not see the answer to your question please email us at: Guest.Services@lions.nfl.net
Please visit any of our Guest Services locations at Gates A & G to report any unruly behavior, equipment (seat) malfunction and/or questions, comments or concerns.
Ford Field Guest Services booths provide information and services including:
- General Information/Report Problems
- Lost Parent Program (Child I.D.)
- Comment & Suggestion Forms
- Missing Item Forms
There will be no re-entry for this event.
Ford Field Code of ConductOpenOpen
The following guidelines have been established for guest behavior:
- Please restrict movement in the seating area during game action.
- Sit only in your ticketed seat and show tickets to a Ford Field representative upon request.
- Never take matters into your own hands. To report a problem or unruly fan contact the nearest Ford Field representative if any incident arises
The following actions may lead to ticket revocation, ejection and/or arrest:
- Displaying inconsiderate or otherwise inappropriate behavior towards others.
- Behavior that is unruly, unhealthy, disruptive or illegal in nature.
- Using foul or abusive language or obscene gestures.
- Intoxication or other signs of alcohol or substance impairment that results in irresponsible behavior.
- Interference with the progress of the concert including throwing objects onto the stage.
- Violating the no smoking policy. As a reminder, smoking and vaping is strictly prohibited inside of the stadium. This includes the use of electronic cigarettes, other vaping devices, marijuana (including prescription) and all other tobacco-related products. Violators found smoking or chewing/spitting tobacco inside of the stadium are subject to immediate ejection.
- Attempting to access areas without the proper ticket and/or credential, or misuse of tickets and/or credentials, or sitting in a seat other than your assigned ticket location.
- Failing to provide a ticket and/or seating information to a Ford Field representative upon request.
- Wearing obscene or indecent clothing.
- Damaging or destruction to the building or property surrounding Ford Field including the parking areas.
- Failing to follow the instructions of Ford Field representatives.
- Offenses against anyone including players, coaches, officials, opposing team fans and staff will not be tolerated including foul language, racial slurs, verbal abuse, or throwing objects.
- Interference with the progress of the game.
- Sale, promotion, exchange or giveaway of unauthorized handouts, items or goods.
We appreciate your cooperation in making Ford Field an enjoyable, safe and friendly experience for all!
Click here to view the prohibited items for this event.