U2 THE JOSHUA TREE TOUR 2017 - OPENING: BECK
- Sunday , Sep. 03 , 2017 7:30 PM
About the Event
DETROIT, MI (Tuesday, June 6th, 2017) – Live Nation confirmed today that, due to incredible demand, select new stadium shows have been added to U2 The Joshua Tree Tour 2017. The newly announced dates include a limited return to North America with concerts announced in Detroit, Buffalo, Minneapolis, Indianapolis, Kansas City, St. Louis and San Diego. The tour will then head to Mexico City followed by concerts in Bogota, Buenos Aires, Santiago and Sao Paulo. Tickets for the North American performances go on sale Monday, June 12th. On sale dates in Latin America vary – full listings follow.
An anniversary edition of the The Joshua Tree was just released by Interscope Records on June 2. Alongside the 11-track album, the super deluxe collector’s edition includes a live recording of The Joshua Tree Tour 1987 Madison Square Garden concert; rarities and B-sides from the album’s original recording sessions; as well as 2017 remixes from Daniel Lanois, St Francis Hotel, Jacknife Lee, Steve Lillywhite and Flood; plus an 84-page hardback book of unseen personal photography shot by The Edge during the original Mojave Desert photo session in 1986. The Joshua Tree was produced by Brian Eno and Daniel Lanois. Full details of all formats are available at http://www.u2.com/news/title/the-joshua-tree-at-30.
Currently wowing fans and critics alike across North America, U2 The Joshua Tree Tour 2017 wraps up North America July 1st, heading on to Europe where it kicks off a sold out tour with two shows in London on July 8th & 9th followed by concerts in Berlin, Rome, Barcelona, Dublin, Paris, Amsterdam and Brussels. It will then relaunch in North America September 3rd with a return to Detroit – the city where U2 first played a headline stadium show back on April 30th, 1987 at the Silverdome on the original Joshua Tree Tour. Tickets for the U2: The Joshua Tree Tour 2017 are on sale Monday, June 12th in North America. Ticket prices start at $35.00 with general admission floor tickets at $70.00. There will be an exclusive priority presale for U2 Subscribers at U2.com starting Thursday, June 8th (10am) through Saturday, June 10th (5pm) local times for U2.com subscribers who may have missed out on the previous presale opportunity along with new subscribers. There will be a 4 ticket limit for subscriber purchases and a 6 ticket limit commencing with public sales. In North America, all floor tickets will be paperless unless otherwise noted. Special guest for the North America concert dates to be announced.
In Mexico and South America, Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds have been confirmed as special guest for all dates. Tickets will go on sale Wed. June 14th in Mexico City, June 15th in Bogota, Buenos Aires and Santiago and Friday in Sao Paulo. There will be an exclusive priority presale for U2 Subscribers at U2.com starting Thursday, June 8th (10am) through Saturday, June 10th (5pm) local times for U2.com. All times local.
U2 The Joshua Tree Tour 2017 is produced by Live Nation Global Touring. UPS is the Official Logistics Provider of the tour.
Sign up for the pre-concert dinner at Ford Field.
Frequently Asked QuestionsOpenOpen
- All tickets for this concert are sold through Fordfield.com or Flash Seats Marketplace
- All guests must have their own ticket, regardless of age.
- There is NO RE-ENTRY. If you leave the stadium you will not be allowed to re-enter on the same ticket.
- Reminder for Flash seat users - Be sure to bring the correct form of Flash seat ID (credit card or driver’s license) used to register the tickets or download the Flash Seat app on your smart phone. For more information on Flash seats.
- Questions? Please call 877-212-8898.
Ford Field would also like to remind guests that there is a potential danger of being sold counterfeit tickets via the secondary market. The only authorized outlets tickets are Fordfield.com, Flash Seats Marketplace and the Ford Field ticket office. Buyers who purchase tickets from any other source do so at their own risk. Please only reference Fordfield.com and/or Flash Seats Marketplace for up-to-date concert information.
Floor/Red Zone TicketsOpenOpen
Access to the Floor is restricted to those guests that have floor level tickets. Guests with seats on the floor should enter at Gate C or D to receive a floor wristband. The entire floor is general admission, standing room only and has no chairs.
- To purchase accessible seats, call (313) 262-2167.
- ADA parking is available in Lot 4 and the Ford Field Parking Deck. All parking is available on a first come, first serve basis.
- Guests requiring special ADA accommodations including American Sign Language (ALS) interpreters for Ford Field events and concerts should contact Guest Services at 313.262.2222, Option #3 or email [email protected] no later than four (4) weeks before the day of the show or event for appropriate accommodation purposes. Thank you for your cooperation.
- Please see any of our guest service locations on show day for questions or comments regarding your experience at Ford Field.
Doors Open - 5:30 P.M.
- Small personal cameras are allowed
- GoPro/video cameras of any type are not allowed
- No selfie sticks, tripods or monopods
- Camera bags and cases are not allowed
- Any camera with a detachable lens longer than 5” is not allowed
Ford Field Prohibited ItemsOpenOpen
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS WILL BE PERMITTED AFTER INSPECTION:
- Small bags, purses and fanny packs, must comply with the maximum size for entry, 8 1/2” x 14” x 10”
- Diaper bags (only if accompanied by a child)
- Binoculars and binocular cases
- Cameras and small camera cases (must comply with the five inch camera lens limit)
- Small radios (must be used with an earpiece).
- Umbrellas, small compact only. Must be placed securely under the seat.
- Posters & signs without poles or sticks, or larger than what one person can hold. Must not block another guest’s view
PROHIBITED AND RESTRICTED ITEMS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Aerosol cans (hairspray, mace, pepper spray, etc.)Animals (except certified service animals to aid guests with disabilities
- Backpacks, luggage, grocery & paper bags, duffle bags, large bags, large purses or large camera cases
- Balloons (air or helium)
- Balls (beach balls, footballs, etc.)
- Banners or large flags
- Cameras with lenses longer than five inches. (The permitted length of a lens is subject to change). Selfie Sticks are also prohibited.
- Decals, stickers, confetti or glitter
- Drones and/or remote controlled aircraft
- Electronic equipment including laptop computers, video recorders, tripods & wearable video cameras including Go Pros.
- Food, beverages or liquids (cans, bottles, boxes, flasks, etc.)
- Illegal substances
- Knives, pocket knives, box cutters, scissors, etc.
- Laser pointers
- Markers (permanent) and/or paint
- Noisemaking devices (bells, horns, kazoos, whistles, etc.)
- Objects that can be used as missiles or projectiles (sticks, bats, clubs, Frisbees, etc.)
- Offensive or profane messages or images on signs and clothing. Must comply with standards of taste and decency
- Seat cushions
- Strollers and infant car seats or carriers
- Umbrellas (large size)
No weapons are allowed in the stadium. Possession of a firearm or any other weapon is strictly forbidden. Possession of such a weapon will result in immediate confiscation, ejection and possible arrest. Only sworn on duty law enforcement officers acting in their official capacity working at Ford Field are able to carry a weapon.
Ford Field is not responsible for any items left at the gates or in the trash receptacles. Under no circumstances will the items be checked at the gates. Prohibited items may also be confiscated by staff. Guests should come prepared to show keys, cell phones or other metal items in their hands during the screening process. Please follow all signage and direction from security personnel. Early entry is encouraged. As a reminder, smoking is prohibited inside of the stadium. This includes the use of electronic cigarettes and vaporizes. Ford Field reserves the right to expand or modify the prohibited items at any time.
For the safety and enjoyment of all fans attending Ford Field events, the Ford Field staff enforces all laws prohibiting consumption of alcohol by minors, possession or use of controlled substances, disorderly conduct and public intoxication.
Ford Field Code of ConductOpenOpen
The following guidelines have been established for guest behavior:
- Please restrict movement in the seating area during game action.
- Sit only in your ticketed seat and show tickets to a Ford Field representative upon request.
- Never take matters into your own hands. Contact the nearest Ford Field representative if any issue arises or text "LIONS" <space> issue and location to 69050.
The following actions may lead to ticket revocation, ejection and/or arrest:
- Displaying inconsiderate or otherwise inappropriate behavior towards others.
- Behavior that is unruly, disruptive or illegal in nature.
- Using foul or abusive language or obscene gestures.
- Intoxication or other signs of alcohol or substance impairment that results in irresponsible behavior.
- Interference with the progress of the concert including throwing objects onto the stage.
- Violating the no smoking policy.
- Attempting to access areas without the proper ticket and/or credential, or misuse of tickets and/or credentials.
- Wearing obscene or indecent clothing.
- Damaging or destruction to the building or property surrounding Ford Field including the parking areas.
- Failing to follow the instructions of Ford Field representatives.
We appreciate your cooperation in making Ford Field an enjoyable, safe and friendly experience for all!
Ford Field Guest ServicesOpenOpen
Please visit any of our Guest Services locations throughout the stadium to report any unruly behavior, equipment (seat) malfunction and/or questions, comments or concerns.
Ford Field Guest Services booths provide information and services including:
- General Information/Report Problems
- Lost Parent Program (Child I.D.)
- Comment & Suggestion Forms
- Missing Item Forms