Ford Field Event Policy
The items not permitted into Ford Field, stadium plaza areas, stadium gates, or when approaching queue lines of guests waiting entry into the stadium are in accordance with the NFL Best Practices and are strictly enforced during stadium events. Prior to gate entry, guests should return prohibited items to their vehicles.
Ford Field is not responsible for any items left at the gates or in the trash receptacles. Under no circumstances will the items be checked at the gates. Prohibited items may also be confiscated by staff.
Guests should come prepared to show keys, cell phones or other metal items in their hands during the screening process. Please follow all signage and direction from security personnel. Early entry is encouraged. As a reminder, smoking is prohibited inside of the stadium. This includes the use of electronic cigarettes and vaporizers.
Ford Field reserves the right to expand or modify the prohibited items at any time.
The Following Items Will Be Permitted AFTER InspectionOpenOpen
- Small bags, purses and fanny packs, must comply with the maximum size for entry, 8 1/2” x 14” x 10”. PLEASE NOTE THERE IS A SEPARATE POLICY FOR ALL DETROIT LIONS GAMES. CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION.
- Diaper bags (only if accompanied by a child)
- Binoculars and binocular cases
- Cameras and small camera cases (must comply with the five-inch camera lens limit)
- Small radios (must be used with an earpiece).
- Umbrellas, small compact only. Must be placed securely under the seat.
- Posters & signs without poles or sticks, or larger than what one person can hold. Must not block another guest’s view.
Prohibited And Restricted Items Include But Are not Limited ToOpenOpen
- Aerosol cans (hairspray, mace, pepper spray, etc.)
- Animals (except certified service animals to aid guests with disabilities)
- Backpacks, luggage, grocery & paper bags, duffle bags, large bags, large purses or large camera cases
- Balloons (air or helium)
- Balls (beach balls, footballs, etc.)
- Banners or large flags
- Cameras with lenses longer than five inches. Selfie Sticks are also prohibited.
- Decals, stickers, confetti or glitter
- Drones and/or remote controlled aircraft
- Electronic equipment including laptop computers, video recorders, tripods & wearable video cameras including Go Pros.
- Food, beverages or liquids (cans, bottles, boxes, flasks, etc.)
- Illegal substances
- Knives, pocket knives, box cutters, scissors, etc.
- Laser pointers
- Markers (permanent) and/or paint
- Noisemaking devices (bells, horns, kazoos, whistles, etc.)
- Objects that can be used as missiles or projectiles (sticks, bats, clubs, Frisbees, etc.)
- Offensive or profane messages or images on signs and clothing. Must comply with standards of taste and decency
- Seat cushions
- Strollers and infant car seats or carriers
- Umbrellas (large size)
Guests must be 21 years of age or older and present a valid Driver’s License (not vertical), a State Identification Card, a Passport, or a Military Identification Card to purchase beverages containing alcohol.
Please Note: Vertical IDs and Temporary Drivers Licenses WILL NOT be accepted
No weapons are allowed in the stadium. Possession of a firearm or any other weapon is strictly forbidden. Possession of such a weapon will result in immediate confiscation, ejection, and possible arrest. Only sworn on duty law enforcement officers acting in their official capacity working at Ford Field are able to carry a weapon.